A homemaker/companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
Right at Home's Culture
Our Right at Home fosters a culture in which teamwork, support, fairness, and hard work are of upmost importance. The offices are very laid back and practice thorough communication. We make it priority to utilize an open door policy so our caregivers feel they are always welcome and in a safe environment to discuss any issues they'd like to address. Right at Home promotes an environment where a genuine passion for helping others and making a difference is top of mind at all times.
Incentives of Being a Right at Home Caregiver
- We have had several of our caregivers move on to become staffing coordinators
- We have a PTO incentive program that allows our caregivers to accumulate bonus points that convert to PTO
- All employees get 3 PTO days for every 1000 hours worked
- We offer 401k and health insurance to all employees that have been with us for a year
- We have annual caregiver appreciation parties at each office
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs errands and/or provides transportation
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile.