Compliments of Philips Lifeline and Right at Home
Right at Home proudly offers the Lifeline service through many Right at Home locations across the country. Compliments of Lifeline, Right at Home currently offers seven CEU courses for Nurses, Case Managers, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, and Pharmacists. Topics are focused around fall prevention and medication interventions for older adults.
How to Register for the CEUs
Each course is accessible on the Philips Lifeline Learning Center website. Most courses are for 1.0 credit hour.
- Go to - http://lifeline.theonlinelearningcenter.com
- Click Register if you have not registered on the Philips Learning Center before.
- During the registration process you will be asked to fill in a valid email address.
- You will also be asked to fill in a password of your choice.
- Click Next to continue with the registration process.
- Enter required demographic data and click Next.
- Please skip any steps that refer to a CEU account by clicking Next
- Select the appropriate professional identification and provide the required information, click Next.
- Please click Finish.
- You should receive an email to verify your email address. Click on the link provided within the email and you will automatically be logged in and your registration complete.
To access the list of free courses please use the following instructions:
- Select Course Catalog.
- Select Philips Lifeline Course Categories.
- Select Healthcare Professional from the drop-down.
- Select Continuing Education Approved Courses.
- Choose and complete your desired course.
- Note: You may have to allow pop-ups in your web browser to launch the course.
- To access the test and obtain your certificate, exit out of the course and follow directions to take the test.
- For assistance in using the Philips Lifeline Learning Center please call: 1-800-692-4295.
Accreditation is available for the following organizations:
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- California Board of Registered Nursing
- Commission for Case manager Certification (CCMC)
- National Association of Social Workers
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB)
- Florida Board of Nursing
- West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses
The States of Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio and West Virginia do not accept CEs approved through the National Association of Social Workers. However social workers in Michigan, North Carolina, and Ohio can receive accreditation for this program through the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB). Social workers in West Virginia cannot receive CE credits for this program.
Note: Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education - please refer to the Medication: A modifiable risk factor for falls CEU.
Note: This program is not accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association due to their policies
Note: Nursing CEUs are not available for nurses licensed in Delaware, Rhode Island, Utah and Washington.
NOTE: This program has been approved for continuing credits by the associations noted above. It is the responsibility of each licensee to verify that the course content meets the criteria for acceptable continuing education credit within his/her licensing organization.
- Approach to the Geriatric Patient - Nursing
- Complications Resulting from Long Lie Times After a Fall
- Engaging Older Adults in Evidence Based Fall Prevention
- Fall-Related Brain Injury in Older Adults: Focus on Prevention
- Reducing Falls in the Home: Medication Interventions and the Role of the Aging Network
- Assessing Outcomes Vital to Independent Living in Late Life
- Medication - A modifiable risk factor for falls - and the role of pharmacists in falls prevention