Continuing Education Units Webinar
|Title||Ensuring Quality Care for Those with Parkinson’s, in the Hospital and Beyond|
|Date||Thursday, October 10, 2019|
|Time||10:00 AM Pacific (1:00 PM Eastern)|
|Credit||Includes 1 complimentary CE credit*|
|Webinar||Register Now for Free|
This presentation will comprehensively review the etiology, signs, symptoms and treatment of Parkinson’s disease. Additionally, we will explore the risks associated with hospital stays in this vulnerable population and review tools that may play an active role in their care. This web seminar will explain how to prepare an individual with Parkinson’s disease and/or their care partner for a planned or unplanned hospital visit, and how to develop strategies for the best care possible during an inpatient stay.
Presented by Arita McCoy, Nurse Practitioner, Johns Hopkins Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorder Center
Participants in this web seminar will be able to:
- Describe the risks associated with hospital stays for those with Parkinson’s.
- List strategies to ensure quality care for patients with Parkinson’s.
- List techniques Parkinson’s patients can use in self-advocacy.
- Identify resources to help patients with Parkinson’s continue quality care at home.
About the Presenter:
Arita McCoy is a Nurse Practitioner at the Johns Hopkins Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorder Center, splitting her time between clinical patient care and rating/performing procedures in clinical trials. She is also the coordinator of the Johns Hopkins Parkinson’s Foundation Center of Excellence, which allows her to play an active role in community outreach and education.
* ASWB CE Credit Changes 2018: Beginning September 25, 2018, ASA will no longer be able to issue ASWB CE credits for recorded web seminar attendance. You can only claim ASWB CE credit if you watch the webinar live. We apologize for any inconvenience. This change is due to ASWB ACE Provider distance learning requirements.
**The webinar is designed for professional referral sources and family caregivers. Eligible healthcare professionals can claim ONE FREE CEU credit within one month of completion of the webinar.
***This web seminar is approved for AOTA contact hours in addition to CE Credits approved for all ASA web seminars.