Continuing Education Units Webinar
|Title||Home-Based Cardiac Rehab: Designing an Effective Approach|
|Date||Thursday, February 28, 2019|
|Time||12PM CST (1PM EST, 11AM PST)|
|Credit||Includes 1 complimentary CE credit*|
Home-based cardiac rehab is emerging as an effective alternative to hospital-based cardiac rehabilitation, with observed improvements in access, participation and outcomes. The design and implementation of a successful home-based cardiac rehab program requires the involvement of and execution by numerous members of the care team including doctors, nurses, exercise physiologists or physical therapists, occupational therapists, dietitians, psychologists, social workers, case managers and home care professionals. This webinar will provide an overview of home-based cardiac rehab programs and give the multidisciplinary care team ideas for designing and implementing a home-based cardiac rehab program.
Participants in this web seminar will be able to:
- Explain the recent literature supporting the case for home-based cardiac rehab
- Identify and discuss three clinical cases that are appropriate for home-based cardiac rehab
- Describe the approaches and tools necessary for effective implementation of home-based cardiac rehab
- Differentiate the roles of the members of the care team in executing home-based cardiac rehab
Presented by Karen Collins, MS, RDN, CDN, FAND and David Schopfer, MD
About the Presenters:
Karen Collins, MS, RDN, CDN, FAND, is a nutrition consultant specializing in cancer prevention and cardiometabolic health. She is a national expert who is called upon by numerous health professional organizations to translate and present evidence related to the intersection of heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
David Schopfer, MD, is a cardiologist and health services researcher at the San Francisco VA Healthcare System. His long-term goal is to develop, implement, and disseminate cost-effective strategies to improve delivery of high-quality cardiovascular care. His current work is focused on the utilization of cardiac rehabilitation services and determining how to increase access to and participation in cardiac rehabilitation utilizing new methods of delivery including telemedicine and mobile technologies.
* ASWB CE Credit Changes 2018: Beginning September 25, 2018, ASA will no longer be able to issue ASWB CE credits for recorded web seminar attendance. You can only claim ASWB CE credit if you watch “Home-Based Cardiac Rehab: Designing an Effective Approach” at 10:00 AM PT on February 28, 2019. We apologize for any inconvenience. This change is due to ASWB ACE Provider distance learning requirements.
**The webinar is designed for professional referral sources and family caregivers. Eligible healthcare professionals can claim ONE FREE CEU credit within one month of completion of the webinar.
***This web seminar is approved for AoTA contact hours in addition to CEs approved for all ASA web seminars.