How Value-Based Purchasing Is Changing Post-Acute Care Business Environments
Continuing Education Units Webinar
On Thursday, July 21, 2022, Right at Home is sponsoring a free webinar, “How Value-Based Purchasing Is Changing Post-Acute Care Business Environments” presented by Michael McGowan.
|Title||How Value-Based Purchasing Is Changing Post-Acute Care Business Environments|
|Date||Thursday, July 21, 2022|
|Time||10:00 AM Pacific (1:00 PM Eastern)|
|Credit||Includes 1 complimentary CE credit*|
Value-based purchasing redesigned how the acute care providers now care for patients. Medicare-certified and nonskilled care are now being redefined by how care is reimbursed, rewarded and contracted, which drives innovations to optimize quality, patient outcomes and reductions in cost to the payer. Join us to learn how your business can become more relevant to those who need and pay for your services.
Participants in this webinar will be able to:
- Understand the history of how in-home care has been paid for and why the evolution toward value-based care is taking place.
- Understand that the mission of the CMS is redefining in-home care to be better, faster and cheaper.
- Identify barriers to innovation and cost reductions you will encounter and must control.
- Learn how to engage with your state’s senators and representative in Congress to further your mission.
About the Presenter:
Mr. Michael McGowan is the owner and founder of OperaCare. OperaCare is a health care technology company that’s taken the OASIS assessment process from an average of 5-7 days to one that completes the ICD-10 coding, clinical documentation, quality assurance, and initiation of care planning in 25-35 minutes on average and eliminates 100% of after-hours clinical documentation for home health RNs and therapy staffs.
He worked with legislators in New Mexico to accelerate the transition of medical professionals from the military to New Mexico state licensure to practice in medical settings.
His current project redesigns how commercial insurance carriers pay for in-home care, which increases margins for providers and controls costs for the payers. He looks forward to meeting with commercial payers in the next few months.
Prior to OperaCare, Mr. McGowan was an OASIS Coordinator for the State of California until June 2003. During his tenure, he worked with the University of Colorado in the development of the OASIS data set and assessments, interacted with almost 700 HHAs in the state, worked with pay-for-performance projects—now renamed value-based purchasing, and interacted with state licensing and certification surveyors in the state's 24 district offices.
* This webinar is designed for professionals and family caregivers. Eligible professionals can claim ONE FREE CE credit within 60 days of the live webinar by attending the live event or watching the recorded program. Your credit will be emailed within 30 days of survey submission. For a list of approved accreditation providers and other information, visit https://asaging.org/ceu- information.