Continuing Education Units Webinar
|Title||Understanding the Older LGBT Community and its Unique Needs & Barriers|
|Date||Wednesday, August 28, 2019|
|Time||10:00 AM Pacific (1:00 PM Eastern)|
|Credit||Includes 1 complimentary CE credit*|
Whether you realize it or not, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) older adults are your clients or residents. Learn the unique issues facing these populations and how they affect LGBT older adults’ willingness to seek out services. This session will outline LGBT aging, describe the diversity of sexual orientations and gender identities, present findings from a recent needs assessment and identify actions you can take to make your practice more LGBT–culturally competent.
Presented by Paul R. Blom, M.Div., Owner & CEO, Right at Home Twin Cities
Participants in this web seminar will be able to:
- Explain biological sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression.
- Describe historical experiences that shape LGBT older adults’ lives.
- Describe unique barriers faced by LGBT older adults.
- Identify opportunities to support welcoming services for LGBT older adults.
About the Presenter:
Paul R. Blom, M.Div., is owner and CEO of Right at Home Twin Cities. A locally and nationally known advocate for older adults, with his husband, Bob, Paul has since 2001 owned and operated Right at Home—In Home Care & Assistance for seniors in the Twin Cities.
* ASWB CE Credit Changes 2018: Beginning September 25, 2018, ASA will no longer be able to issue ASWB CE credits for recorded web seminar attendance. You can only claim ASWB CE credit if you watch the webinar live. We apologize for any inconvenience. This change is due to ASWB ACE Provider distance learning requirements.
**The webinar is designed for professional referral sources and family caregivers. Eligible healthcare professionals can claim ONE FREE CEU credit within one month of completion of the webinar.
***This web seminar is approved for AoTA contact hours in addition to CEs approved for all ASA web seminars.