A homemaker/companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
- With Right at Home University we offer a variety of free courses to prepare our caregivers to work in a home or community-based care setting.
- Dementia Live Training offer to all our caregivers
- Flexible hours and bonus program to recognize outstanding caregivers every month
- Open door communication with office staff
- Weekly advances
- Paid training on site
- Caregiver of the Month Award
- Caregiver referral program bonuses
- Paid time off
- Flexible hours
- Competitive pay
- Being a part of the Right at Home family
- First shift introduction to clients
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid Texas driver's license and have use of an insured and well maintained automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.