A homemaker/companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
- With Right at Home University we offer a variety of free courses to prepare our caregivers to work in a home or community-based care setting.
- Dementia Live Training offer to all our caregivers
- Flexible hours and bonus program to recognize outstanding caregivers every month
- Open door communication with office staff
- Weekly advances
- Paid training on site
- Caregiver of the Month Award
- Caregiver referral program bonuses
- Paid time off
- Flexible hours
- Competitive pay
- Being a part of the Right at Home family
- First shift introduction to clients
- Supplemental benefits
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid Texas driver's license and have use of an insured and well maintained automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home caregivers are compassionate and caring people who want more than just a job, they want to make a difference in the lives of seniors and their loved ones. When you join the Right at Home family, you'll be surrounded by teammates who are committed to our high standards, warm-hearted by nature, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a more meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.