We Are One of the Few Organizations Who Incorporate Change-in-Condition Services
Change-in-Condition Care is an integral piece of keeping your loved one safe and thriving in the home. Further, it is a proactive way to prevent conditions from changing or worsening. It is yet another opportunity to give families the peace of mind they need — knowing their loved one is not only being cared for, but monitored and observed for any changing or declining health behaviors.
What is Change-in-Condition Care?
Our trained caregivers monitor, track and act upon any change in the client's condition:
- Overall Differences
- Eating and Drinking
- Skin Condition/ Swelling
Change-in-Condition services can avert preventable hospitalizations or readmissions – particularly for recovering, high-risk, patient/client.
Right at Home’s proprietary system prompts caregivers to observe patient/client Change-in-Condition at the end of every shift.
Partner With Other Healthcare Professionals
Right at Home partners closely with healthcare professionals focused on:
► Favorable Outcomes of the Patient
► A Good Care Experience
► Lower Total Cost
How Do We Achieve Mutual Care Goals?
All staff and caregivers are thoroughly trained on:
• Five Change-in-Condition categories
• Observation and reporting procedures
We provide an RN assessment of all patients/clients to:
• Establish a baseline condition
• Create a patient-specific Care Plan
Systemized prompting at end of shift:
• Our proprietary software prompts caregivers to note any Change-in-Condition
Observation and Reporting
• All caregiver responses logged
• Positive responses for Change-in-Condition are reported to RN
• Within 24 hours, RN visits patient/client to reassess and verify Change-in-Condition
Protocol and Take Action
• With a verified Change-in-Condition,
RAH communicates with the
patient/client care stakeholders:
○ Social Worker / Discharge Planner
○ Case Manager
○ Primary Care Physician