RightTransitions® Improves Patient Well-Being After a Hospitalization
Recovering from a medical condition can be stressful. Our RightTransitions® program is specifically designed to assist patient and families to work with other healthcare providers so that readmissions can be prevented and patient care will be improved.
According to the Department of Health and Human Services; “one in five patients who leave the hospital will be readmitted within 30 days”. The Medicare Payment Advisory Commission estimates that up to 76% of these readmissions may be preventable. Our care transition program goes above and beyond from the moment our client leaves the hospital to assure a return to the warmth one enjoys Right at Home.
Right at Home offers transportation and care upon arriving home which can be a huge stress reliever considering all the other things one has on their plate. Right at Home is here to provide quality care throughout the whole discharge process so both client and family members can experience the right care, by the right people, for a right transition home.
- Communication with family and healthcare providers. We speak with the doctors and family to ensure everyone has the same information.
- Regular visits. Our caregivers and field supervisors can check in on your family member to know that you’re doing well and getting better.
- Medication reminders. A main cause of slower recovery is improper use of medications. We can help make sure they stay compliant and are taking what is needed.
- Transportation to doctor appointments. Regular doctor visits are important to most people’s recovery. If you aren’t able to drive yourself, those appointments can be hard to keep.
- Meal preparation. Eating nutritious meals is the foundation of health. We can fix meals for any diet – even for special dietary requirements such as diabetes or congestive heart failure.
- Maintain the household. Your loved-one needs to focus on recovery. Our caregivers can help by taking care of typical daily chores, such as vacuuming, washing dishes and cleaning the bathroom.