Elder Abuse and Neglect CEU Webinar
Continuing Education Units Webinar
|Title||Elder Abuse and Neglect|
|Date||Tuesday, June 22, 2021|
|Time||10:00 AM Pacific (1:00 PM Eastern)|
|Credit||Includes 1 complimentary CE credit*|
Elder abuse and neglect is one of the last forms of family exploitation to receive widespread attention, yet nearly one in 10 Americans over the age of 60 has experienced some form of abuse. This crime robs our most vulnerable populations of their dignity, security, and in some cases, their lives. This presentation will define the various types of abuse and neglect, discuss examples of abuse in the elderly population, and share techniques used to investigate abuse cases.
Participants in this web seminar will be able to:
- Define abuse and neglect.
- Identify and describe the three types of elder abuse and neglect.
- Identify the signs and symptoms of possible elder abuse and neglect.
- Describe the steps to take when elder abuse or neglect is suspected.
About the Presenter:
Stacy Donnelly, RN, BSN
Stacy Donnelly, RN, BSN, has more than 20 years of experience working in nursing homes, skilled rehabilitation facilities, and continuing care retirement communities. Her career started with hands-on care as a nursing assistant, then continued as a registered nurse and a charge nurse. Stacy also worked in management as a director of nursing for more than 12 years. Her experience gave her a strong knowledge base of care standards, facility operations, facility policies and procedures, and federal regulations. Stacy currently works as a consultant for health care facilities providing creative problem solving, education, research, and systems analysis. She also provides technical investigations, analysis, reports and testimony for litigation matters involving clinical nursing standards, nursing administration, facility operations within nursing homes, skilled rehabilitation facilities, and continuing care retirement communities.
* This webinar is designed for professionals and family caregivers. Eligible professionals can claim ONE FREE CE credit within 60 days of the live webinar by attending the live event or watching the recorded program. Your credit will be emailed within 30 days of survey submission.