Meet the professional senior care staff of your Santa Clara office
Right at Home of Santa Clara County is locally owned and operated by Gene and Toni Lennon. Gene moved to Northern California more than 40 years ago from Colorado and he has been providing in-home care and assistance to the residents of Santa Clara County for more than 12 years.
Florida-born Toni moved to California where she and Gene met and have been together for over 23 years. Toni worked many years at an international marketing management firm before becoming the Executive Coordinator for visiting dignitaries with Japan Airlines.
Gene and Toni personally experienced the value of non-medical in-home care with their own parents. It was this passion for quality care that lead Gene to leave a successful Global Sales Manager career in the high technology industry of Silicon Valley and start Right at Home Santa Clara County. In July of 2005 Gene and Toni brought professional in-home senior care to the residents of Santa Clara County when they started their Right at Home office. Gene and Toni’s first hand experience with in home care allows them to understand the needs of families as they deal with the challenges that come with aging. Their years of quality elder care service have helped families across the country as they care for loved ones in Northern California.
Gene and Toni serve Santa Clara County seniors outside of Right at Home office as well. Gene is on the Board of Directors for Senior New Ways, a California nonprofit that provides unique services and programs to enhance the dignity, life purpose and meaning, and whole health of older adults. The organization provides Vintage Music Therapy for Memory for groups and individuals. Their therapy approach has produced astounding results to date. Music Therapy Kit for individuals launched in 2014 and promises the same level of effectiveness. Over 600 local care center residents visit every month each person we visit is given individualized attention, respect, valuable information, understanding and support.
Gene serves many additional roles in the community including:
- Serving as Vice President/Program Director of Northern California's largest AARP Chapter
- Member of SAY-HI Support Group for Seniors of San Antonio Hills.
- Formed Caring For Seniors networking group which focuses on providing quality elder care information, services and referrals.
- Founder of “Ask Us,” a free service to seniors providing an opportunity to meet with an in-home care specialist and a home therapist to discuss ways to stay safe at home.
- Co-creator of "Should I stay or Should I Go," an 8-week educational program about everything someone would need to know when faced with the decision of whether to stay home or move to a facility
- As a speaker, Gene presents talks on "The Power of Two" to various caregiver support groups; and "What is Home Care? Who Needs it? Who Does It? How To Select It"
- Founder of the Northern California "BAG" Bay Area Group consisting of Right at Home owners in the Bay Area for the purpose of sharing best practices, and co-marketing strategies.
- Member of the Nor-Cal Group made of all Northern California Right at Home owners.
- Member of the Northern California Chapter of the Home Care Association of America.
Our Northern California owners meeting. We get together to discuss best practices and share business and home care tips.