The right candidate will provide various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. They will provide for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. This position has more qualifications than the Personal Care Assistant/Nurse Assistant. Our Right at Home Caregivers choose to be a part of our team because they are looking for more than a job, they want to make a difference in the lives of those that we serve.
Join the Right at Home Santa Clara Team
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successfully completed a Competency Evaluation that meets the State Licensing Law for home health agencies.
- Current CPR Certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- This position requires 75 hours of technical training including:
- Checking vitals
- Accu-check blood glucose levels
- Urine sugar and acetone level
HOME CARE AIDES (CAREGIVERS)
RIGHT AT HOME SANTA CLARA County
1. All State Required fees and training paid.
2. Direct deposit or Debit Card
3. Weekly Pay
4. Monthly Incentives
5. Monthly Recognition Program
6. Appreciation Paks
7. Free Training Courses
8. Monthly Newsletters
9. HCA (Home Care Aide)/Caregiver of The Year Award
10. Discounted Services ie: Verizon Wireless
11. Kudos Board
12. Travel Time & Mileage Pay
13. Holiday Pay