Targeted Care For Memory Impairment/Memory Decline
As a family member or friend of someone with Alzheimer’s, dementia or cognitive change, we know every day can present challenges. Helping maintain a routine and quality of life is the best help you can provide to them. However, it can be physically and emotionally challenging if you are juggling a career, caring for other family members at the same time, or simply too fatigued to provide the care needed. You are not alone. We are here for you.
With Right at Home Sarasota’s Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care services, you will receive a customized care regimen specifically developed to address your needs, making daily life less difficult and stressful.
Each member of the Right at Home care team goes through rigorous training by a certified dementia care specialist to ensure a situation-appropriate level of care that helps seniors live a fulfilling and productive life. Our professional Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care Services include:
- Activities designed to stimulate and maintain memory and cognitive function
- Controlled responses and assistance to minimize and diffuse challenging behaviors
- Developing and maintaining a daily routine and schedule that provides comforting familiarity and promotes safety and appropriate independence
- Daily orientation to time, place, and people
- Light exercise as recommended by a medical professional
- Respite care for family caregivers
- And much more
From the moment you call Right at Home, we work hard to understand your needs intimately so we can create a person-centered care plan that fits the unique circumstances of your family. Right at Home Sarasota’s custom care plans ensure all interactions:
- Focus on ability, not disability
- Pay attention to nutrition
- Help with well-being
- Support perception and safety
- Assist with recognition and orientation
- Keep communication flowing in relationships and within families
Educational Resources for Family Caregivers
We know that an Alzheimer’s or dementia diagnosis impacts the entire family, and our professional caregiving services can provide much-needed support. In addition to our in-home care services, we offer free educational resources to help families navigate the impact of an Alzheimer’s or dementia diagnosis.
A Guide for Those Supporting Loved Ones with Dementia or Cognitive Change.
This exclusive guide developed by Right at Home is designed to help family caregivers better understand:
- The impact of dementia or cognitive change on families
- Techniques for caring for a loved one with dementia or cognitive change
- How to maintain your personal well-being as a family caregiver
Educational Video Series: Caring for a Loved One With Dementia or Cognitive Change
Dementia is not a specific disease. It's a series of symptoms that can impact a person's ability to think, recall, communicate and complete daily activities. Watch this video series to learn care and communication techniques that can help you address these symptoms when caring for a loved one.
Reach out to Right at Home today at (941) 929-1966 to learn more about your options for memory care in Venice, FL and the surrounding areas throughout Sarasota County. Our Alzheimer’s and dementia care team is standing by.