Home Health LPN (Full-Time Guaranteed)
- Full-time position based in office located in the Northgate area of Seattle
- Work closely in a team environment with a fun staff
- Nice balance of office work and patient management
"We are the Right People, doing the Right Things, the Right Way, for the Right Reasons"
Right at Home Seattle/Eastside, a premier Puget Sound home care and home health agency, is seeking a full-time Home Health LPN. This position is based out of our Northgate office in Seattle. The Home Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for the daily management of clients receiving skilled nursing and/or nurse delegated care. Daily tasks include coordinating nursing assessments and plan of care development, ensuring agency compliance with all regulatory requirements, maintaining staffing levels for existing clients, and providing excellent customer service.
The Home Health LPN also assists in the evaluation and training of nursing staff under the direction of the Director of Nursing, assists in monitoring agency quality performance, manages relationships with specialty pharmacies to ensure required clinical documentation is provided in a timely manner, and collaborates other members of the care team.
Right at Home is a well-established and growing family-run agency that has been assisting Seattle and Eastside families with caregiving and nursing needs in their home since 2004. Our fun and dedicated office team members are passionate about working together to support our care staff and help our mostly elderly population to age in their own home.
The ideal candidate for this position is a Licensed Practical Nurse in Washington State (LPN) who is looking to work in a team office environment and enjoy the benefits of interacting daily with patients on the phone and in their own home. The Home Health LPN is an essential contributor to the Client Services team. This is a great fit for a motivated individual who is very organized, can multi-task, enjoys helping others and believes in our mission of improving the lives of those we serve.
Office hours for the Home Health are Monday – Friday, 8:30am-5pm (the office closes from 12:15-12:45 for lunch).
HOME HEALTH LPN ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Review skilled nursing care plans and daily nursing notes to make sure they properly assess needs of clients, meet standards of the agency, processed for billing in a timely manner, and available for filing in charts
- Ensure all clients are staffed with appropriate nursing staff
- Work with Client Services Manager and/or Director of Nursing to address nursing documentation for Specialty Pharmacy compliance
- Assist the Director of Nursing in training nursing staff on compliance and regulatory requirements related to infusion/skilled nursing
- Review all incident reports with Quality Assurance Coordinator to make sure agency stays compliant with internal QA/QI requirements
- Monthly supervisory visits to VA skilled nursing clients to make sure client concerns are addressed and nurses are compliant with client’s needs
- Ensure all nursing care files are up to date and in compliance with agency and vendor requirements, and ready for audit at any time
- Conduct field reviews of all agency nurses in collaboration with Director of Nursing
- Review nursing documentation to identify changes in condition. Work with the interdisciplinary team to obtain orders for changes to the plan of care and makes sure all observations and interventions are documented in the clinical record
- Assist with the Nursing Delegation process for appropriate staff and supervise caregiver team members to ensure compliance with the delegation and safety of the clients
- Thoroughly explain the Company’s mission and values to the client and client’s family members, physicians, caregivers, etc.
- Responsible for making sure nursing and caregiving staff provide accurate, timely, and ongoing evaluation and reporting of client’s needs, services, and outcomes
- Provide supervision, coaching and support to nurses and caregivers who are responsible for the implementation of the plan of care
- Document assessments, progress, re-evaluations, billing and other pertinent information for skilled nursing clients in the electronic documentation system (ClearCare)
- Oversee and administer, when needed, TB testing to all caregiver candidates and monitor Tuberculin maintained at agency as required under agency policy
HOME HEALTH LPN QUALIFICATIONS:
- Credentialed Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Washington
- Demonstrate an ability to practice independently in the delivery of nursing care
- Experience or knowledge of nursing tasks permitted for delegation under Washington State law
- Comfortable learning new nursing skills and able to supervise and instruct others
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage medical paperwork/files
- Ability to read and write in English
- Require reliable vehicle for use when traveling to worksites
- A valid Washington State Driver’s License and proof of current auto liability insurance
- Computer literate with experience in different computer programs to include electronic medical records system(s), Microsoft Office Suite products. Ability to type 35-45 wpm
- Strong grasp of legal and ethical issues pertaining to confidentiality
- Creative, flexible, and innovative. Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to apply problem-solving techniques to the care management process
- Be available as required for on-call duty outside of normal office hours (on-call duty is in the evenings and on weekends for a one-week period every 2-3 months)
HOME HEALTH LPN EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Active license as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
HOME HEALTH LPN BENEFITS:
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid personal time and holidays
- Compensation Dependent on Experience
- Comprehensive training program
To apply, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org