Due to tremendous growth, Right at Home Seattle Eastside, Washington, is seeking a dynamic and passionate Nurse Case Manager to join our Homecare Agency team!
- Do you have your nursing license?
- Are you passionate about excellence in care?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with others to implement care plans?
- Do you have experience participating in audits with state licensing agencies?
If you answered the above questions with a resounding "YES!" and the purpose of the position sounds fulfilling to you, please apply today!
The Nurse Case Manager provides clinical oversight and care coordination for Right at Home’s skilled nursing and home care clients. Working under the direction of the Director of Nursing, The Nurse Case Manager ensures the agency is compliant with all regulatory requirements for its skilled nursing and nurse delegated clients. The Nurse Case Manager evaluates and trains clinical staff, monitors performance against quality metrics, and ensures third party partners have required clinical documentation needed in a timely manner.
- Performs client assessment upon admission, change of condition, and as required by state law.
- Develops the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as client status and needs change.
- Collaborates with and educates the client and family to develop a plan of care to meet specific client needs.
- Provides direct care to clients as an emergency measure to protect the safety of the client and maintain an acceptable level of client satisfaction.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the client.
- Performs skills competency assessments and participates in initial and on-going training of care staff.
- Performs supervisory visits to instruct, supervise, and evaluate personal care staff as required by agency standards.
- Performs Nurse Delegation in coordination with Director of Nursing for those clients who require nurse delegated services.
- Collaborates with client care team to implement plan of care.
- Communicates with client’s representative regarding the client’s needs and reports any changes in the client’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
- Documents pertinent information in clients’ clinical record, including chronological care management notes, in a clear and concise manner to reflect the care provided, the client’s response to care, changes in condition, progress towards stated goals, and factors that might impact quality of services and/or client satisfaction.
- Participates in case conferences and assists with quality assurance process improvement program.
- Participates in audits with licensing and regulatory bodies.
- Acts as Brand Ambassador for Right at Home at community related functions.
- Participates in on-call duties
EDUCATION / SKILLS
- Must be a licensed nurse in the State of Washington. Preference to RNs
- Familiar with Joint Commission standards and Washington State DOH WACs for in-home care services
- Bachelor’s degree(BSN) from an accredited school of nursing is preferred but not required.
- Licensed driver with automobile that is in good working order.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Ability to relate to clients and care staff in a way that is sensitive to the unique needs of the individual.
- Competent computer skills and a familiarity with electronic medical records.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and adhere to strict deadlines.
ABOUT RIGHT AT HOME
Right at Home is clear in its mission..."To improve the quality of life for those we serve". You will directly impact that mission by leading the care team for excellence in care!
Right at Home Seattle Eastside, a locally owned Joint Commission accredited home care business, is a recipient of the 2021 Best of Home Care Leader in Excellence award. We are one of only five agencies in the state of Washington to be recognized for our excellence based on client and caregiver satisfaction surveys conducted by Home Care Pulse.
- Top Pay based on experience and skills!
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Coverage
- EAP Program
- Paycheck Advances, Bi-weekly Paycheck, Direct Deposit
- 401(K) + Company Matching
- Paid Holidays+ PTO
- Paid Training
- Local Office & Local Support - Ready to Assist You
Right at Home is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.