Mark and I wish to thank you for taking the time to find out a little more about the team that will be personally responsible for the care of your loved one. While Right at Home is caring for over 10,000 clients around the world, your concern is about the care and coverage you will receive here in Snohomish County. Our office is a family owned and operated business that is totally committed to improving the quality of life for our clients and their families and for assuring your comfort as a family member that your loved one is well cared for. We are one of four Right at Home offices covering Washington State and among nearly 400 professionally franchised businesses of Right at Home, Inc., a senior home care company providing service since 1995.
Mark & Vicki's office excels in providing extraordinary Home Care Services because:
- The business is based on RESPONSIVENESS, INTEGRITY, HONESTY and PROFESSIONALISM.
- Vicki has a Bachelors in Psychology Family Studies, with an extensive background in end of life care, Dementia and other areas of elder care. She was also certified as a Right at Home Cognitive Support Trainer in 2018.
- Mark has a Master’s in Business Administration and brings a vast knowledge of operations, marketing and executive experience to our company.
- We are part of the “sandwich generation” and understand first-hand the challenges that occur as our parent’s age and require additional assistance.
- We personally interview and meet regularly with our Caregivers to ensure our clients are receiving the best care possible.
- Our caregivers receive additional training through RAH University Modules, as well as working closely with our team to develop and enhance their skills to meet the special needs of our clients.
- We are on-call 24/7. If you call our main number before or after office hours (7:30 am – 4:00pm Mon – Fri) you are immediately able to contact a member of our Right at Home On Call Staff. You will be greeted by Katherine, or Angelia. During Business Hours, if we are with a client or caregiver, with a press of a button you will be sent to Vicki, Toni, Heather, Lee Ann, or one of our fine Office Team Members. Caregivers are available for staffing 24/7 with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice.
- We consider not only the caregivers, but the clients as part of our own family. We value open communication between clients and staff so we can best serve you.
- We received the distinguished honor of having one of our team nominated for Caregiver of the Year in 2014.
- Our heart is with the elderly as reflected by our active involvement in the Snohomish County senior community. Vicki is a member of the Everett Lions Club, an EASC investor, a Virtual Dementia Tour Facilitator for Second Wind Dreams, newly certified as a Positive Approach to Caregiving Trainer and has been a past committee member for the Alzheimer's Organization for the annual walk in Everett, Washington.
Whether your needs are for the care of an aging family member, assistance after a hospital stay, as a respite for a spouse or family member, or simply companionship for an elder loved one, Right at Home will meet your needs. We provide free, in-home consultations that will match your schedule.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you.
Mark and Vicki Johnston, took on the challenge of building a company to serve their local communities and to be part of the solution to the current economic crisis and provide jobs to those in need. Mark comes to this business with over 11 years of service to his country in the United States Navy. Graduating in 1983 from the US Naval Academy, he served onboard submarines until 1995, when he and Vicki made the decision to move their family back to Washington State. While working in manufacturing for over 14 years, Mark went back to school and earned his MBA at University of Washington. In 2009, he and Vicki made the decision to open their own company after the economic toll took its turn to eliminate his manufacturing facility. Desiring to stay in the local area, he wanted to make a difference in his community and be able to serve his country once again. Mark continues to work part-time in the business using his skills to support the office on the payroll and billing side.
My grandmother Jessica, “Nana” lived to be 100.5 and she took care of my grandfather, Joseph “Poppy” for 9 years at home with a private nurse. This was the catalyst for looking at a home care business. The last 8 years of owning and running a local business for the communities of Snohomish and North King Counties has been a privilege and honor.
After being a stay-at-home mom to two boys, Drew now 30 and Eric 29, Vicki opened her own business and became an independent sales consultant. After ten years, Vicki wanted to give back to her community and served in ministry to her churches working with children and families. In 2009, Vicki earned her Bachelor’s in Psychology, Family Studies at Corban University, in Salem, Oregon. Using her skills in working with families she worked with high risk children for two years in the local school district. Desiring to use her sales and marketing background along with her skills in working with families, she is now taking on the responsibility of working alongside her husband to provide support to our growing company. One year after opening Right at Home Vicki became the Supervisor of Direct Care Services and began building a stellar office team; Mark took on the challenge of working at Boeing Full-time and part-time doing payroll and billing.
As we grow and I remain active but in a supervisory role, my passion is to build strong leaders who will manage the care services. We take it seriously that we are looking for the Right People to provide the Right Services with the Right Approach keeping the Right Mission in mind. Our goal is to enable people to stay at home “wherever home may be” as long as they desire and are able to makes a difference in aging gracefully. The other key component is to work with professionals to provide services and resources to assist her clients to have a very high quality of life at home. Victoria has recently received her Certificate of Expertise as a PAC Approved Trainer with Teepa Snow (2016) Positive Approach to Caregiving, teepasnow.com, Sail Instructor (2017) and we continue to attend annual Home Improvement and other trainings to keep up on the latest in the field of aging in place.
Mark and Vicki desire to provide the highest quality of service to the North King County and Snohomish County areas. Putting our values of faith first, family second and business third, we want to be a beacon of light to those families who are searching to find excellent caregivers to provide for their loved ones. We are working diligently to hire only the most qualified caregiver and professional administrative team to serve the community as representatives of our vision. We believe that the service we provide is "Truly a Personal Service", and are creating an office that reflects these values:
We first and foremost exist to serve our clients. Whenever doubt exists in a situation, we consider this our guiding policy.
- How Employees treat each other dramatically affects how we treat our clients. Every Employee deserves and gets respect, consideration and support.
- We strive for creativity and innovation. New ideas and better ways of doing things are encouraged and rewarded.
- With respect for all religious differences, a spiritual foundation will guide the decisions and actions of the company.
- Profitability is important and comes from proper execution within the framework and spirit of our mission and values.
We offer an open door policy to any member of the community interested in learning more about us, as well as to all of our clients and their family members who just want to stop by and chat over a cup of coffee. We are a friendly and communicative office with a member of our on call/care management staff available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Quality, Reliability, and Responsiveness is what you can expect from each member of our team. Contact us today to learn more about the services we provide our community.