A homemaker/companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Performs homemaking activities such as light housekeeping and laundry.
- Must have a sympathetic and caring attitude toward the elderly.
- Must have some experience caring for seniors.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Have access to adequate transportation for the job.