Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
- Performs standby personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Standby personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Standby assistance with ambulation
- Standby assistance with eating
- Standby assistance with dressing
- Standby assistance with shaving
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Completes housekeeping tasks which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course.
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- This position requires 30-40 hours of basic care training.