A homemaker/companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship and conversation for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- Provide transportation to doctor appointments, shopping or rides to just get client out of the house.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Pleasant personality and compassionate desire to help seniors.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile.
- Candidates should live in the general South Shore area.