Join Southeast Michigan's Best Care Team
At Right at Home we are a team of caring individuals working in a family atmosphere. We go above and beyond for our clients, and if you are compassionate, respectful, dependable, and punctual then you could be the right person to join our team.
Location: Monroe, MI
A Home Health Aide provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. This position has more qualifications than the Personal Care Assistant/Nurse Assistant.
Pay Range: $10.00 - $13.50 / hr
Benefits and Recognition
- Flexible Scheduling
- Employee of the Month Recognition ($50)
- Employee of the Year Recognition ($500)
Training and Ongoing Educational Opportunities
Our Caregivers go through an extensive Orientation and prior to your first client visit we make sure to review the Client Assessment to answer any question and make sure the correct care plan is in place. After your first visit we make sure to follow up and review your assignment to answer any questions or see where additional training might be needed. We offer in-house training for the use of both Hoyer Lift and Assist to Stand when needed. We also bring in the local Fire Department to offer CPR certification and re-certification. We offer training and advanced training for Alzheimer's and Dementia through Right at Home University.
1. Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
2. Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
3. Performs patient-specific activities. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Performing errands and/or providing transportation
- Application of an external catheter
4. Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
1. High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate.
2. One year experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
3. Successfully completed a Competency Evaluation that meets the State Licensing Law for home health agencies.
4. Current CPR Certificate is recommended.
5. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
6. Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile.
7. This position requires 75 hours of technical training including:
- Checking vitals
- Accu-check blood glucose levels
- Urine sugar and acetone level
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home is seeking compassionate and caring individuals who want more than just a job, we hire individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of those in their care. When you join the Right at Home team, you'll be surrounded by individuals who are committed, person centered, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.