Homemaker/Companion (Wyandotte, MI)
Join Southeast Michigan's Best Care Team
At Right at Home we are a team of caring individuals working in a family atmosphere. We go above and beyond for our clients, and if you are compassionate, respectful, dependable, and punctual then you could be the right person to join our team.
Location: Wyandotte, MI
A Homemaker/Companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for our clients in their residences.
Pay Range: $10.00 - $13.50 / hr
Benefits and Recognition
- Flexible Scheduling
- Employee of the Month Recognition ($50)
- Employee of the Year Recognition ($500)
Training and Ongoing Educational Opportunities
Our Caregivers go through an extensive Orientation and prior to your first client visit we make sure to review the Client Assessment to answer any question and make sure the correct care plan is in place. After your first visit we make sure to follow up and review your assignment to answer any questions or see where additional training might be needed. We offer in-house training for the use of both Hoyer Lift and Assist to Stand when needed. We also bring in the local Fire Department to offer CPR certification and re-certification. We offer training and advanced training for Alzheimer's and Dementia through Right at Home University.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- Must be a high school graduate.
- Previous homemaking or caregiving experience.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile.
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home is seeking compassionate and caring individuals who want more than just a job, we hire individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of those in their care. When you join the Right at Home team, you'll be surrounded by individuals who are committed, person centered, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.