Join Southern Milwaukee County's Best Care Team
We are looking for a few caregivers who are nurturing and want to make a difference in the lives of our seniors and disabled adults. Our clients rely on our team of caring folks daily, to help them with their day to day activities. We are a very supportive group, holding regular staff meetings to educate and support our staff family. We understand the day to day issues that our caregivers face and come along side you to introduce you, stay until you get comfortable with the client and their routine and the things that need to be done during the visit.
Location: Franklin, WI
A Personal Care Assistant provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
Pay Rate: $10.00 - $11.25/hour
We touch base with you often via text or phone calls inquiring about your day. We provide positive feedback when you go the extra mile and your client feels extra special. We have a monthly newsletter that welcomes new staff members, and a write up on your yearly anniversary. We give quarterly bonuses based on performance!
Caregiver Referral Program
When you refer family and friends to Right at Home you receive $25 when the employee has been with us 30 days, and then another $25 when they have been with us for 90 days.
Training and Ongoing Education
We review each case and our individualized plan of care with you before the visit. At your first visit we go thru the clients routine showing you how things need to be done and how we successfully relate to each client. We follow up with you after the shift is over to review how well the shift went. We review videos of equipment that you may not have used before your first shift, we demonstrate the equipment usage and then have you demonstrate it back to us before you are in the home independently. We also review at the end of your first week, as well as schedule you to attend our monthly staff meetings to review your clients, get to talk with your fellow employees, learn best practices, and to receive ongoing education. Our monthly staff meetings are an opportunity to review how the visits are going, and go over and talk about things that may be challenging.
Alzheimer's and Dementia Training
Each month we review an aspect of care regarding Dementia, so that our staff are constantly becoming more aware of how to work with a segment of the population that is continuously growing.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.