Right at Home is seeking caring, kind, and compassionate candidates who want to work flexible, part-time hours to make a difference in the lives of seniors. Right at Home is committed to being an employer that values you as we work together to improve the quality of life for those we serve.
Why do people like working with us?
- Flexible Scheduling—We place you around YOUR schedule
- Work one-on-one with great clients
- Meaningful work
- NO certification or license required
- We provide the training
- Supportive staff to provide assistance whenever needed
- Shifts as short as 3 hours
- Work close to home
Responsibilities and Compensation
- As a Homemaker/Companion Caregiver, you will perform routine homemaking tasks and provide meal preparation, local transportation, and companionship for our elderly clients in their homes.
- Our Homemaker/Companion Caregivers do NOT help with bathing, toileting, lifting, or medication dispensing.
- Many of our caregivers work as both Homemaker/Companions and Home Health Aides.
- Hours: All positions are part-time. Caregivers may work as little as 6 hours or build up to 30 hours per week (dependent on the caregiver's availability and the clients in their area).
- We require ALL Caregivers to have a reliable vehicle, current insurance, and a license because we provide transportation.
NOTE: You are applying for a position in the Springfield, Missouri area.
Job Description Summary
Provides for the maintenance of safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
- Adheres to Right at Home policies and procedures
- Performs work under the supervision of the Staffing Coordinator
- Performs homemaking activities contained in the Client Home Record which includes, but is not limited to:
- Sweeping or mopping floors
- Doing dishes
- Changing bed linens
- Cleaning bathrooms
- Prepares meals and snacks for client according to client/family and supervisor’s instructions
- May perform grocery shopping, if prearranged with the office
- Provides companionship for the client including accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- The homemaker is responsible for written documentation of service provided
- The homemaker should not contact physicians directly, but rather refer all questions or reports to the supervisor
The homemaker will NOT perform any of the following:
- Personal care services such as bathing, dressing, and shaving
- Any heavy lifting or transferring of clients
- Administering of any medications, ointments, eye drops, etc.
- Heavy duty household chores such as washing walls, waxing floors, washing windows, etc.
- Household repairs or maintenance
- Cut the fingernails or toenails of any client
Performs other duties as directed by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred
- The Homemaker/Companion shall have successfully completed a written Competency Evaluation
- Must have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick, and the ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job
- Read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job
- Have valid driver’s license and use of an insured automobile for work or access to adequate transportation
Primarily works in client’s place of residence, travel required. Shift times and days vary with client needs.
May be called upon to perform additional tasks as required by supervisor.