Caregivers needed for 24 hour shifts to round-the-clock care. Duties include meal preparation, light house-keeping, and monitoring clients for safety and security. Must be able to work either 24 rotating shifts or shifts consisting of 2 days on and 2 days off.
Location: Southern Maryland (Charles, Calvert and St. Mary's Counties)
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
A Live-In caregiver provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
- Performs homemaking activities and is responsible for total client care while in the home.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Certified CPR cardholder
- Current PPD/TB skin test and/or chest x-ray
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- All caregivers must pass a criminal background check. Background checks are required of those who are responsible for the care and safety of others.