Personal Care Aide/ PCA - Southern Maryland
Right at Home – Southern Maryland, In-Home Care & Assistance, is seeking to hire Personal Care Aide/PCA to join a dynamic care team providing care in the home. We have immediate part-time and full-time Personal Care Aide/PCA positions available. You can make a difference in your career by helping people stay in the comfort of their homes.
- Type: In-home one-on-one caregiver
- Positions: part-time and full-time
- Shifts: Morning, Afternoon, Overnight, Night, Evenings, Weekends and ON-CALL
- Locations: Charles, St. Mary’s and Calvert County, MD
Personal Care Aides/PCA Benefits:
- Flexibility! We work with you to set your schedule
- Bi-weekly pay through direct deposit
- Pay increases available through our Annual Performance Review Program
- Paid Continuous Education Trainings – Online and In-Service trainings
- Paid travel time in between clients
- Mileage reimbursements
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Assistance for work-related injury and illnesses
- Caregiver Recognition & Rewards Program - Be the Caregiver of the Month!
- Spend more time with your family! We have Paid Time off for Caregivers
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Get Started with On-Call Program!
Personal Care Aides/PCA Qualifications:
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Preferred experience as a caregiver in a facility is preferred.
- Homecare experience with a relative or family member
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and insured automobile
Personal Care Aides/PCA Responsibilities and Duties:
Personal Care Assistance
- Assistance w/ bathing & showering
- Incontinence care & toileting
- Transferring & positioning, and ambulation assistance
- Medication reminders
- Monitor diet and nutrition by preparing meals and grocery list
- Take out the garbage
- Physical, speech and occupational therapy exercise reminders
- Participate with hobbies or crafts by reading books and playing games or cards
- Take walks and help reduce risk of slips and falls
- Bring in the mail and newspaper
- Run errands and/or escort client to grocery store, dry cleaners, doctor appointments, religious activities, and other social activities using public transportation, taxi, client’s car or caregiver's car if available
- Escort to breakfast, lunch or dinner in facility environment
- Mop, sweep, and vacuum floors
- Wash and arrange dishes
- Light cleaning of kitchen counters and appliances
- Light cleaning of bathroom(s), dust, organize, and tidy up rooms
- Make the beds and change the linens
- Wash laundry and put away clothes
Socializing & Relationships
- Companionship and friendly conversations; Reminisce about the past
- Answer the door and telephone
- Arrange appointments and set up social functions and visits
- Help write letters and read the mail
- Communicate with family members and other healthcare professionals
Why Right at Home?
We truly believe that where you work matters and as a company that believes in improving the lives of those we serve, we think we know a thing or two about what makes our employees happy.
Here is what our Personal Care Aides/PCAs/Caregivers say about us:
“I'm very happy that I was given the chance to work for Right At Home. It's been a very positive experience for me.”
“I feel valued with them and welcomed to the team. They recognize an employee of the month. They call and tell us we are doing a good job.”
“They answer every question you might have. They make sure that everything is answered correctly. If they don’t have the answer, they will get back to you right away. They are very nice!”Learn more & apply now