Caregiver/Home Health Aide provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, shaving, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions
- Accompany patient on errands or medical appointments.
- Performs housekeeping activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a Right at Home nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Advanced safe transfer techniques
- Medication reminders
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Understanding dementia care
- Incontinence care
- Must be 21 years of age
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Two years of experience as a Caregiver or Home Health Aide.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and insured automobile