CNA Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. This position has more qualifications than the Caregiver/Home Health Aide.
Here's Why Caregivers Like Working for Us:
- Flexible scheduling: 4 to 12 hour shifts available
- Pay increases available through our Personal Advancement Program
- Bonuses for referrals
- Medical Benefits: Aflac Insurance opportunities
- Caregiver Recognition & Rewards Program
- Personal Development: Ongoing training opportunities
- Industry competitive pay
- Caring and supportive team: 15 years serving the St. Louis Community!
- Independent work environment
- Field supervision by experienced RNs
- Build one-on-one relationships with clients: Custom Care Plans!
- CNA performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, shaving, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions
- May accompany patient on errands or medical appointments
- Performs housekeeping activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms
- CNA performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a Right at Home nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Providing hospice supportive care
- Assisting with blood glucose monitoring
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Medication reminders
- Care of bed bound patient
- Incontinence care
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate
- One year of experience as a CNA (in homes or facilities).
- Current CPR certificate is recommended, but not required
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job
- Possess a valid driver's license and insured automobile
- 30-40 hours of basic care training