Founded in 1995, Right at Home is a leader in the in-home care industry with more than 500 franchise locations serving tens of thousands of clients across the United States and internationally. Our trained caregivers provide quality, compassionate in-home care for adults who need assistance to maintain their independence.
We understand people face different challenges and need different types of care – from basic household cleaning to comprehensive professional nursing assistance. We are devoted to the well-being of our clients, and we feel a deep connection to families who entrust us with the care of their loved ones. With help from our caregivers, many people are able to remain living in the comfort of their own homes. If you are passionate about making a difference by improving the lives of older adults, you should apply for this position.
Right at Home St. Louis has an excellent opportunity for an Employee Experience Manager. This position leads a team of 4 direct reports to deliver an outstanding experience to candidates and employees in the caregiver roles.
The perfect candidate is a dynamic, outgoing, energetic leader. You must be organized, detail-oriented and able to employ critical thinking in a fast-paced environment. Strong HR, management and customer service skills are key to delivering an employee experience that engages and develops our caregivers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing and delivering an end to end employee experience including recruitment, engagement, coaching and performance management;
- Developing and analyzing reports to ensure strong tracking and action plans;
- Managing HR compliance activities including FMLA, workers’ compensation, work restrictions, unemployment claims, and all other employee policies;
- Conducting termination meetings as needed;
- Facilitating process reviews to deliver a strong employee experience;
- Managing and leading 4 non-exempt employees including a recruiter, schedulers and administrative assistant;
- Reviewing caregiver schedules to maximize the team’s ability to deliver outstanding care to all clients.
- College degree preferred or 5+ years of business experience;
- Minimum of 3+ years in an HR leadership position with experience managing a small team;
- Some experience in health services or related field preferred;
- Strong knowledge of employment law and other HR compliance topics.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Full-time Salary plus on-call bonus if worked
- Paid Health Insurance
- Supplemental Dental, Vision, other Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Training & Professional Development