Caregivers - Prince George's County
You will provide various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. You will provide for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes, wherever home may be.
With a variety of shifts available in homes, or in assisted living senior residences, you could start working in just a few days! You do not need to be a CNA or HHA as we have flexible homemaking shifts available!
Right at Home caregivers are our greatest asset, and are supported with these special benefits:
- Flexible schedules
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Training
- 401K plan
- Healthcare coverage available
- Overtime paid at time and a half
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Valid Identification Card
- Social Security Card
- Physical Exam
- Current CPR certificate
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities) preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- This position requires 30-40 hours of basic care training.
Join our family and know that you can make a huge difference during this historic time!Apply Today