Home Care Payment Sources
Long Term Care Insurance
This is an elective policy that one would purchase earlier in life.
- Does the policy cover homecare or a home health aid?
- What qualifications must a person meet in order to open a claim (usually a cognitive diagnosis or the need for assistance with a specified number of Activities of Daily Living*).
- What is the elimination period?
- What is the daily/monthly/lifetime allowance?
Appalachian Council of Governments Family Caregiver Respite Program
This program provides family caregivers with a voucher for up to $1500 to be used for Right at Home Services. The funds must be used within 3 months.
- For a family caregiver caring for someone frail or disabled that is 60 or older or someone with dementia
- Needs based, not income based
- Eligible for 1 voucher every 12 months
- Call the Appalachian Council Family Caregiver Support Program at 864-242-9733 and leave a message for a Family Caregiver Support Advocate. They will call you back within a few days and you must answer the phone when they call. They will send you an application.
- Tell them that you want to use Right at Home for services and they will send us the voucher. We will contact you to schedule services.
South Carolina Respite Coalition Respite Voucher Program
This program provides family caregivers with a voucher for up to $500 to be used for Right at Home Services. The funds must be used within 3 months.
- Family caregiver caring for someone under the age of 60 with a significant disability or chronic illness requiring 24/7 care
- Eligible for 1 voucher every 6 months
- Call SCRC office at 803-935-5027 and speak with the Voucher Program Coordinator to request an application.
VA Aid and Attendance
This program provides allowances between $9,078-26,766 per year (2019 rates) if a veteran meets the following qualifications.
- Veteran or surviving spouse age 65+
- “Wartime Veteran” served at least 90 days and at least 1 day during a war
- Honorable discharge
- Surviving spouse must have been living with the vet at time of his/her death and must be single
- Countable income of vet and spouse must be less than amount of Aid and Attendance (certain expenses are