A companion/homemaker performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for the client in their home or place of residence. They maintain a safe and clean environment. Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of clients in their homes.
Why you should work for Right at Home Warwick
- Flexibility - Work as many hours as you want
- Right at Home University - Superior training opportunities to develop your career
- Recognition and Awards - We reward you for doing a great job
- Right at Home will try to match you with clients in your town
- We offer 24-hour support to help you whenever needed
- The Right Care Approach - We are the Right People, doing the Right Things, the Right Way, for the Right Reason!
- Performs personal care activities that assist the client with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to): personal hygiene, ambulation, eating, dressing, shaving
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions
- Performs client-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to): reinforcement of dressings, assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises, measuring and preparing special diets, taking vital signs
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to) vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms
Here's what's in it for you:
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Hours
- Continuing Education for CNAs
- Care Teams - Work with a group of your peers in a supportive environment
Job Requirements | Qualifications
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in for healthcare agency or facility
- Successful completion of a state-approved Certified Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course
- Current CPR certificate is NOT required but preferred for some cases
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job
- Primarily works in the client’s place of residence.
- Travel is required.
- Shift time and days will vary with client needs.