Right at Home Warwick is looking for Live-In Caregivers in Newport, RI!
This position provides various personal care and related paraprofessional service in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for the client in their home or place of residence. They maintain a safe and clean environment.
Right at Home, In-Home Care and Assistance, is seeking to hire HHA or CNA's to join a dynamic care team providing clinical expertise in-home. You can make a difference in your career by helping people stay in the comfort of their homes.
Why you should work for Right at Home Warwick
- Flexibility - Work as many hours as you want
- Right at Home University - Superior training opportunities to develop your career
- Pay Increases - Available through our Personal Advancement Program
- Recognition and Awards - We reward you for doing a great job
- Right at Home will try to match you with clients in your town
- Paid training and development
- We offer 24-hour support to help you whenever needed
- Employee referral bonuses
- The Right Care Approach - We are the Right People, doing the Right Things, the Right Way, for the Right Reason!
- Performs personal care activities that assist the client with activities of daily living which include (but not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using a bedpan, bathing, mouth care, skin care, hair care)
- Will prepare meals and snacks according to the client/family instructions
- Performs client specific activities which may include (but not limited to):
- Providing hospice supportive care
- Assisting with range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing specialized diets
- Assisting with blood glucose monitoring
- Taking vital signs
- Medication reminders
- Performs various homemaking activities as defined in the Client Home Record such as (not an inclusive list): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping/mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, cleaning bathrooms, and doing laundry.
- May perform errands and/or provide transportation as needed
- Lives in the client’s home for 4-7 days per week (EITHER to fill-in occasionally OR for an extended permanent position)
Preferred Experience In
- Hoyer lift
- Personal care
- Range of motion exercises
- Light cleaning
- High School graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Experience as a CNA, HHA, or PCA in the home or a facility
- Successfully completed a state approved Nurse Aide, Home Health Aide, or Personal Care Assistant program.
- CPR Certification is recommended
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured motor vehicle or access to adequate transportation.
- Must have the patience and passion to assist elderly and disabled adults with activities of daily living.