Personal Care Assistant in Abita Springs
Personal Care Assistants (PCAs) provide various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. PCA's provide for the personal needs (bathing, toileting, diapering, dressing, etc) and comfort of patients in their homes and experience with caring for total care clients is strongly preferred.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Assistance with personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Assistance with ambulation
- Assistance with eating
- Assistance with dressing
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):
- sweeping or mopping floors
- doing dishes
- changing bed linens
- doing laundry
- cleaning bathrooms
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Availability
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred
- Six months experience as a personal care assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities)
- Successful completion of a state-approved Certified Nursing Assistant or Personal Care Assistant course
- Current CPR certificate is recommended
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job
- Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care
- Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes
Additional (non-essential) Desired Functions
Performs other duties as directed by supervisors consistent with this Job Description and related to client’s independent living where the client cannot perform such duties due to the client’s health or age limitations.
- Flexible Schedules (days/evenings/nights/weekends)
- Weekend Differential
- You choose when You work
- You choose where You work
- We have short, 2-hour shifts, longer 4, 8 or 12-hour shifts, including overnights. We also have facility shifts, weekend shifts and on-call opportunities.
Primarily works in homes or facilities, travel required. Shift times and days vary.
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home caregivers are compassionate and caring people who want more than just a job, they want to make a difference in the lives of seniors and their loved ones. When you join the Right at Home family, you'll be surrounded by teammates who are committed to our high standards, warm-hearted by nature, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a more meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.