Join West Bends Best Care Team
Are you an impassioned person with a positive attitude who has a genuine desire to make a seniors life happier and safer? At Right at Home our mission is to Improve the Quality of Life for Those We Serve and we are seeking reliable individuals with dedication and commitment to help us improve the quality of life for seniors in our community.
We are an award winning team that is committed to helping our Caregivers deliver the very best care for our clients. We seek regular feedback from clients, their families, and our Caregivers in an effort to ensure all client needs and changes in needs are met. Our Care Team is fully supported by our office staff and is made up of compassionate, hardworking, conscientious, and reliable men and women seeking to make their clients’ days better in as many ways as possible.
Location: West Bend, WI
A Homemaker/Companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
Pay Range: $10.00 - $12.00 per hour
Benefits and Recognition
- Flexible Scheduling
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Travel and Mileage
- Awards (Gas Cards, Merchandise)
- Caregiver of the Month
- Caregiver Referral Program ($200 bonus to you when referred Caregiver completes 200 hours and $50 to the new Caregiver!)
- We go above and beyond to recognize when our Caregivers provide exceptional client experiences.
Training and Ongoing Educational Opportunities
Your training starts with a thorough Orientation that includes video, proper processes with documentation in the home binder, and how to write clear and concise summaries in care notes.
Other Training Topics Include:
- Change in Condition Procedure and How They Should Be Reported
- Emergency Procedures
- After Hours Procedure
- Using Telephony and Timesheets
- How to Navigate ClearCare
- How to Read the Client Care Plan
- Online Schedule and Phone App
- Time Off Requests and Other Operational Procedures
We provide on-site, hands on training by matching the new Caregiver with a Lead Caregiver as well as having office support staff such as an Area Manager spend time with the Caregiver while at the client’s location. Caregiver matching is very important to us. We make sure to contact both the client and Caregiver after the first shift to collect feedback.
We also support Right at Home Online University by awarding points in the CareRewards program for all units completed and include ongoing education as a point of review in all annual evaluations. Training units include Dementia and Alzheimer's training.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- Able to work independently, demonstrating sound judgement, and strategic thinking skills
- High school graduate or G.E.D. Certificate preferred
- Read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job
- Possess a valid driver's license with company required levels of insurance and maintain a driving record at acceptable company standards as needed to be considered and approved driver.
- A clear background check is required. Right at Home supports a drug free environment