Right at Home of West Central Chicago is searching for dependable, trustworthy, compassionate, and caring individuals. Our work makes a difference every day in the lives or others. Bring your enthusiasm and compassion to help others and join our in-home, non-medical team of caregivers to assist the elderly and disabled in the community.
A Personal Care Assistant provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
Location: West Central Chicago Area
- Paid Time Off
- Simple IRA
- Direct Deposit
- Flexible Hours
- Caregiver Recognition Program
$12.00 - $13.00
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course.
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- This position requires 30-40 hours of basic care training.
If you want to be a part of the Best Home Care Team, Apply Today