Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care and under the supervision of a RN. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes or facilities.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Certified Homemaker Home Health Aide in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successfully completed a Competency Evaluation that meets the State Licensing Law for home health agencies.
- Current CPR Certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- This position requires 76 hours of technical training including:
- Checking vitals
- Accu-check blood glucose levels
- Urine sugar and acetone level