A homemaker/companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
Why Work for Right at Home West Pittsburgh
Our office staff takes the time to get to know the caregivers and work with issues such as daycare needs for their children. We also work with flexibility needs of our caregivers' schedules. Right at Home caregivers have the opportunity to promote into an office position, so be sure to let us know all your skill-sets.
Orientation is every Thursday, and monthly online training is held through Right at Home University. Right at Home West Pittsburgh has a monthly newsletter with focused topics and online training per each topic discussed.
Looking to make an extra $100? You can do that through our referral bonus program when you refer the wonderful friends and family you know will be a good fit at Right at Home.
Offering Our Caregivers Incentives is Important to Us
- Competitive Salary
- Weekly Pay
- Direct Deposit after 30 days
- Referral Bonus
- Flexible Schedule
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Weekly Orientations
- Caregiver Appreciation Program (Caregiver of the Month, Year, Luncheons, etc)
- Training (Alzheimer's, Dementia, Parkinson's, CPR, etc)
- Ongoing Education (CEU courses, RAHU, Educational Lectures, Conventions, etc)
- Opportunity for employee advancement.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.