Sharing the Gift of Mobility
Arthritis seized more than Theresa’s joints. The rheumatoid inflammation damaged the 70-year-old’s eyesight. Bravely shuffling with a walker, Theresa could scoot only a few steps.
Ma Hao suffered a lack of oxygen at birth and his legs never developed the strength needed to allow him to walk. For 13 years, his mother carried him everywhere in their rural Chinese town. To the bathroom. To the market. And, the more than half mile to school.
They are not alone. In developing nations across the world, an estimated 100 million children and adults with disabilities have no access to a wheelchair. Many are too weak to stand. Or too heavy to carry. Countless individuals crawl or inch their bodies across the ground. Others remain isolated indoors.
Gratefully, their health solution is simple and cost-effective. Right at Home partners with the humanitarian nonprofit Free Wheelchair Mission to extend the gift of mobility to people with disabilities in nearly 95 countries. Together we are transforming the lives of Theresa and Ma Hao, along with thousands of others, through the gift of a durable wheelchair.
Learn more about Free Wheelchair Mission.
- Mobility encourages independence.
- Mobility strengthens social interaction.
- Mobility empowers earning a living.
- Mobility inspires dignity and hope.
...Because No One Should Have To Crawl
How to Partner with Us
Worldwide, an estimated 100 million people with disabilities have no access to a wheelchair. Many are too heavy to carry. Others live on the ground. But like-minded partners like you are helping ensure these individuals receive the gift of a lifetime—their own wheelchair at no cost. Here’s how you can help deliver the gift of mobility around the planet:
- Donate by going to https://goo.gl/6cV7fg and click Give Now.
- Join with Right at Home to assemble and give away wheelchairs in other countries.
- Rally with your local Right at Home team to raise funds for the millions of wheelchairs still needed.
Transforming Lives Together
From Albania to Zimbabwe and dozens of countries in between, Right at Home is teaming up with Free Wheelchair Mission to make mobility possible for millions of persons with disabilities.
- Children to aging adults are now mobile again, or for the first time ever.
- Every gift of $80 impacts and inspires families and communities as well.
- Together we will transform the lives of 1,212,000 people with disabilities by the end of 2020.
"We give these wheelchairs away to the poorest of the poor in developing countries. No strings attached.”
~Don Schoendorfer, founder of Free Wheelchair Mission
See the lives that have been transformed with the gift of mobility or partner with Free Wheelchair Mission and Right at Home by donating now to give the gift of mobility.