Care Transitions Program
Care Transitions Program: RightTransitions® Can Help
When your senior loved-one is discharged from the hospital, the effects of their condition aren't necessarily gone when once they return home. This often makes it difficult for seniors trying to adjust back to daily life, increasing the risk of re-admission. Right at Home's RightTransitions® program can help make that transition back to home easier by providing the following in-home senior care services:
- Care Management: Our Care Manager and Registered Nurse work directly with your doctor, social worker, and discharge planner to coordinate the proper care plan to allow for a safe discharge. The care plan is detailed and explained to each caregiver. Any changes in conditions are communicated immediately to allow our care team to intervene to reduce the chance of possible re-admissions to hospitals and rehabs.
- Regular visits: Our caregivers can check in on your family member to know that you’re doing well and getting better. Our caregivers are monitored and directed by the Registered Nurse and Care Managers.
- Medication reminders: A main cause of slower recovery is improper use of medications. We can help make sure they’re taking what they need, when they need it.
- Transportation to doctor appointments: Regular doctor visits are important to most people’s recovery. If you aren’t able to drive yourself, those appointments can be hard to keep. We can get them where they need to go.
- Meal preparation: Eating nutritious meals is the foundation of health. We can fix meals for any diet – even for special dietary requirements such as diabetes or congestive heart failure.
- Housework: Your loved-one needs to focus on recovery. Our caregivers can help by taking care of typical daily chores, such as vacuuming, washing dishes and cleaning the bathroom.
Professionals Partnering with Professionals
A Note to Healthcare Facilities and Their Patients
Structured to Work with Healthcare Facilities, Patients and Their Families
There is an alternative that will enhance your current discharge practices. Many healthcare facilities recognize the value of supervised care transitions provided by trained, reputable providers to safeguard against unnecessary readmissions.
“40% of patients lose the ability to do an ADL (Activity of Daily Living) after a hospital or rehabilitation stay.” - Family Caregiver Alliance
Improving Transitions and Patient Recovery
Right at Home is at the forefront of trained, reputable providers. Our RightTransitions® program is structured to work with you, other healthcare providers, your patients and their families.
Our Goal Is To:
- Reduce readmission rates
- Lower costs associated with readmissions
- Enhance your reputation for providing high-quality patient care
Our Non-medical Care Model Services:
- Coordinating communication between providers
- Frequent follow-ups with families and discharge planners
- Health reminders
- Transportation to physician appointments
- Preparing meals
- Running errands
- Keeping homes clean and safe
*Caregivers must spend at least 80% of their work time providing fellowship, care and protection for clients. Any general household work must be less than 20% of the caregiver's working time during each shift.