Right at Home Wilmington is hiring Certified Nursing Assistants
Ideal candidates will be extremely dependable and compassionate, possess strong communication skills, problem-solving ability and good organizational skills.
Positions available for all shifts!
We will provide ongoing educational opportunities to help you give the Right Care the Right Way!
Typical CNA duties include:
Assisting your clients with their ADLs/IADLs such as:
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Shaving with an electric razor
- Meal Preparation
- Medication reminders
- Light housekeeping duties help maintain a healthy environment for YOU and your client.
There may also be an opportunity for other assigned activities that are taught by a nurse for a specific patient.
These include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings (non-sterile)
- Assisting with the use of devices for aid to daily living (cane, walker, wheelchair or lift device)
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Assisting with self-administered simple urine tests for sugar acetone or albumin (Home Health Aide may not interpret results)
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Measuring intake and output
- Taking vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure)
- Application of an external (condom-type) catheter
- Assist with application of arm sling, arm splint or leg splint
No matter what your client’s needs are, Right at Home will provide the FREE training that you need to be empowered in your work and have the confidence to perform your duties for your client.
- 21 years old or older
- High School graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in caregiving required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must have a cell phone