Industry leading Home Care Agency seeking top quality CNA’s as personal care home attendants. The right candidate will be offered the most amount of hours in the market and will be joining a strong team of community service oriented people. He or she provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. Our mission is to improve the lives of those we serve!
1. Adheres to Agency policies and procedures.
2. Performs work under the supervision of the Supervisor.
3. Performs personal care activities contained in a written assignment by the Supervisor which includes but is not limited to, assisting the patient with activities of daily living, such as:
Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair):
e. Meal Preparation
4. Performs other assigned activities that are taught by a nurse for a specific patient.
These include but not limited to:
a. Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
b. Reinforcement of dressings (non-sterile)
c. Assisting with the use of devices for aid to daily living (cane, walker, wheelchair or lift device)
d. Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
e. Assisting with self administered simple urine tests for sugar acetone or albumin (Personal Care Assistant may not interpret results)
f. Measuring and preparing special diets
g. Measuring intake and output
h. Taking vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure)
i. Application of an external (condom-type) catheter
j. Assist with application of arm sling, arm splint or leg splint
5. The Personal Care Assistant will NOT perform any of the following:
a. Sterile dressing change
b. Irrigation of body cavities such as enemas, colostomy or wound
c. Gastric lavage or gavage
e. Administration of oral medications, eye drops or medicated skin ointments
f. Administration of parenteral or IV medications
g. Application of heat by any method
h. Naso-gastric or gastrostomy tube feedings or care
i. Tracheotomy tube care
j. Suctioning of the nose, mouth or tracheotomy
k. Nail care on a patient with diabetes or compromised circulation
l. Any personal health service that has not been included on the paraprofessional task sheet
6. The Personal Care Assistant performs light housekeeping tasks that will facilitate the patient’s self-care at home. These tasks include, but are not limited to:
c. Sweeping or mopping floors
d. Doing dishes
f. Cleaning bathrooms
7. The Personal Care Assistant will NOT:
a. Perform heavy-duty household cleaning such as washing walls, waxing floors, washing windows, etc.
b. Household repairs or maintenance
c. Yard care or maintenance
8. The Personal Care Assistant is responsible for documentation of service provided, using the Client Care Re-cord.
9. The Personal Care Assistant should not contact the physician directly, but rather refer all questions or reports of patient’s condition changes immediately to the Nursing Supervisor.
Additional (non-essential) Desired Functions
Performs other duties as directed by supervisors.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Availability
1. High school graduate of G.E.D. certificate preferred.
2. Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in health care (in homes or facilities) and successful completion of a State approved Certified Nurses Assistant course.