Committed to Caring for Veterans
As a Right at Home franchise owner for over 16 years, our team has provided care for many senior veterans in the Piedmont Triad area. We proudly provide veterans the same highly rated caregiver services that civilian seniors and adults with disabilities receive. Affordable home care and personal assistance are available any day of the week, day or night.
Veteran Aid & Attendance
Most veterans are unaware of the tax-free reimbursement benefits that cover home care available through the VA. Of the nearly 10 million United States Veterans age 65 and older, less than 3 percent are receiving VA reimbursement for home care.
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has a special benefit for Veterans and surviving spouses who require regular assistance with activities of daily living. Senior veterans and/or their spouses may be eligible to receive up to $27,549 annually for home care services. These at-home caregiver services include:
- Bathing, Dressing, and Grooming
- Laundry, Shopping, and Meal Preparation
- Transportation, Light Housekeeping, and Medication Reminders
Benefits of Veteran Aid & Attendance
- Qualifying veterans/spouses can afford the care they need and deserve
- The pension is paid directly to veterans/spouses by the Department of Treasury
- Completely tax-free and no payback required
- Besides home care services, the benefit also covers residents of assisted living and care facilities
Eligibility Criteria Include
A veteran who served 90 days or more active duty with at least one day during a period of war, and their surviving spouses, who require assistance with tasks such as dressing, bathing, cooking, and eating.
Meet certain medical, service, and financial criteria
Homemaker or Home Health Aide
Another VA benefit available is the state-managed Homemaker or Home Health Aide (H/HHA) care services, which are available for qualifying veterans of any age who need help in their own home with the activities of daily living, skilled care services, and case management.
To learn more about home care assistance and eligibility for veterans' benefits for home care, call 336-760-7131.
As part of our Right Eldercare Connections video series, Greg talks with Cyndi Briggs of Soldiers Heart Podcast. For seven years Cyndi has interviewed veterans from World War II to the present day. She shares moving stories from veterans about their military and combat experiences. We learn how her love of interviewing and sharing stories of veterans started. Right at Home In Home Care proudly cares for veterans in the Winston-Salem and Greensboro areas.
- North Carolina Department of Military and Veteran Affairs
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- State of North Carolina Veterans Service Centers
- Clemmons - 336-766-1496
- County Veterans Service Offices
- Alamance County - 336-570-6763
- Davidson County - 336-242-2037
- Davie County - 336-753-6225
- Guilford County Greensboro - 336-641-2957
- Guilford County High Point - 336-641-7929
- Stokes County - 336-593-2468
- USDVA Medical Facilities
- USDVA Vet Centers
- Greensboro - 336-323-2660
- USDVA Benefit Offices and Intake Centers
- Winston-Salem Regional Office - 800-827-1000
- The Department of North Carolina Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Disabled American Veterans
- Winston-Salem - 336-631-5481