Want to join a company that truly makes a difference in the world? During these trying times, Right at Home wants to help and support you. We want to provide you with the opportunity to serve a population who needs you right now. #BeEssential as a Right at Home Caregiver! We stand prepared to equip you with the right personal protective equipment (PPE) and are ready to assist as you care for our vulnerable population of seniors and adults with disabilities.
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) Essential Functions:
- Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
- Assist with client’s daily activities
- Strong communication skills must be able to communicate effectively with client as well as family members.
- Strong sense of awareness.
- Provide intimate, hands-on healthcare to clients in situations such as helping with bathing, dressing, and basic activities of life. (upon request)
- Turning or re-positioning bedridden clients.
- Observing the client's day to day physical and mental health. Must keep an eye on their clients and report even the slightest changes.
- A true passion for caring for the elderly.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course.
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- Current TB test.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- This position requires 30-40 hours of basic care training.
If you are ready to #BeEssential, we would like to hear from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $9.25 per hour