Hospital to Home - Care Transitions Program
Ease your transition, avoid readmission
For years, Right at Home has advocated for and provided home care services transitioning patients from hospital stays back to their own homes.
A variety of area hospitals work exclusively with Right at Home to provide in-home care for their transitioning patients to reduce the chance of readmission. Novant Health’s Hospital to Home program and the collaborative ANCHOR program (offered in Forsyth, Davidson, Davie and Surry Counties), include the following partner hospitals and organizations:
- Forsyth Medical Center
- Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
- Thomasville Medical Center
- Lexington Medical Center
- Hugh Chatham Memorial Medical Center
- Northern Hospital of Surry County
- Kernersville Medical Center
- Medical Park Hospital
- Northwest Community Care Network
- Senior Services of Winston-Salem
- Davidson County Senior Services
- Surry County Senior Services
- Piedmont Triad Area Agency on Aging
These transitional care programs work. A study by Novant Health’s Post Acute Services completed in June 2012 showed that a transitional program for at-risk seniors decreased readmissions by 61%.
Key in-home care features of the program include:
- Communication We help explain care needs and instructions to the family and ensure that medical information is clearly communicated between doctors and family members.
- Regular Visits During regular visits, our caregivers can assess progress to ensure your loved one is on track for recovery.
- Medication Reminders One of the main factors for a slower recovery is the improper use of medications. We help make sure that they are taking what they need, when they need it.
- Transportation to Doctor Appointments Regular doctor visits are important to recovery. We provide transportation to and from appointments when family members are not available.
- Meal Preparation Eating nutritious meals is the foundation of health. We provide meal preparation for any diet, including special dietary requirements such as diabetes or congestive heart failure.
- Housework Daily chores while recovering can lead to falls or overexertion. Our caregivers can assist with typical daily chores, such as vacuuming, washing dishes and cleaning bathrooms.
Contact Us to learn more about these innovative programs and how we can help your loved one make the transition back home.
Right at Home owner Greg Brewer speaks regarding the Hospital to Home program provided by Right at Home right here in the Triad.