Caregiver Training Program, Personal Care Assistant (PCA)
Learn to provide one-on-one care for senior adults through our Right at Home Caregiver Training Program. If you are looking for a career in healthcare and would like to know more about becoming a caregiver, consider our Caregiver Training Program. Our program includes self-paced online training for all basic caregiving skills; classroom hands-on practice in our caregiving lab; a shadowing program to work along side experienced caregivers; disease management and infection control training to help you work safely in a healthcare environment; approved testing program to qualify the knowledge you gain.
This will be a skill set that will last you a lifetime and allow you to work as a Personal Care Assistant for Right at Home. You will remain under the guidance of our Director of Nursing so the opportunity to continue to develop your skills will not end with the completion of the Caregiver Training Program.
Registration into the program will take place after you have completed our Caregiver Trainee interview process and completed our initial new hire onboarding. At that point you will begin the self paced online training. Once you have completed the 25 hours on online courses, you will be hired on as a Caregiver Trainee and attend our hands on training in the Caregiver Lab. After successful completion of the lab training, you will take the Personal Care Assistant (PCA) assessment. Upon obtaining a score of 80%, or higher, you will be promoted to Personal Care Assistant (PCA) and will begin our Caregiver Shadow Program prior to being placed with clients of your own and officially become an employee of Right at Home. Beginning caregivers will make between $11-$13 depending on previous experience, however you can begin this program without any experience.
This a great opportunity to get into a career that provides fulfillment as you help others.
Join the Right at Home team and provide vital in-home care one-on-one with our clients. We are looking for the right people to work with our clients in Acworth, Cartersville, Woodstock and Canton. Join our team and find a job with a purpose! Apply right now or call our office today, 678-403-1636.
Why we are the RIGHT TEAM!
- Very Competitive pay- we pay higher than most agencies
- Daily Pay Available-get you pay when you need it
- PAID-Training and Development-your time matters to us
- PAID-Travel time between clients
- PAID-Mileage between clients
- PAID- Disease Management Training – learn more about 9 chronic diseases you see most often in home care
- All digital care notes, schedules and timesheets - saves you from driving notes to the office
- Caregiver of the Month Program
- Certification in Right at Home Cognitive Care and learn more about dementia care
- Employee Referral Bonuses-earn extra money by referring other caregivers
- We Provide Personal Protective Equipment - we keep our Caregivers safe
Caregiver Essential Functions:
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Personal Hygiene
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions
- Accompany patient on errands or medical appointments
- Performs light housekeeping activities
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a Right at Home nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Providing hospice supportive care
- Medication reminders
- Assisting with the prescribed range of motion exercises
- Assisting with blood glucose monitoring
- Care of bed-bound patients
- Incontinence care
- Use lifting equipment such as gait belts and Hoyer lifts
Preferred Experience in:
- Hoyer lift
- Personal care
- Range of Motion Exercises
- Foley care
- Light cleaning