Right at Home of Southern Pennsylvania is currently seeking direct care workers in the following Adams County areas on all shifts in: Abbottstown, Biglerville, New Oxford, Littlestown, East Berlin, York Springs, Gettysburg, Fairfield, McSherrystown
Why Work for Right at Home?
Right at Home Provides Our Caregivers:
- Weekly Pay
- Flexible Schedules
- Room for advancement
- Online Training and Continued Education
- Many other opportunities!
Get a Weekly Paycheck Doing What You Love!
Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
◘ Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
◘ Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions
Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
◘ Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
◘ Reinforcement of dressings
◘ Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
◘ Measuring and preparing special diets
◘ Checking vital signs
◘ Accu-check blood glucose levels
◘ Application of an external catheter
Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):
◘ Sweeping or mopping floors
◘ Doing dishes
◘ Changing bed linens
◘ Doing laundry
◘ Cleaning bathrooms
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities)
- Successfully completed a Competency Evaluation that meets the State Licensing Law for home health agencies
- Current CPR Certificate is recommended
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job